In Mainland China, on behalf of the China IELTS Network and working in partnership with NEEA (the National Education & Examination Authority), the British Council (in China we operate as the Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy/British Consulate General) administrates the IELTS test in 44 IELTS test centres throughout the country. There are 48 test dates in a year. Candidates can choose any test date and venue that suits them.
IELTS is the world’s most recognised English language proficiency test, with minimal restrictions on registration. We recommend the age of candidates to be no less than 16 to ensure the test accurately assesses one’s English level without affect from social experience and mental capacity.
The test score remains valid for up to two years after the test date.
All candidates need to finish the NEEA IELTS online registration and payment at http://ielts.etest.net.cn.
IELTS test fee:
IELTS test fee: RMB 1680
Candidates may contact the NEEA IELTS National Call Centre at 010-82345671 (working time: Monday to Friday 8:30-17:30, Saturday: 7:30-13:00) for any IELTS registration and payment related enquiries.
1. Register on NEEA IELTS online registration website http://ielts.etest.net.cn to get your NEEA user name and password. Please make sure the information you entered is correct, including your name, ID number, etc.
2. Pay the test fee (RMB1680) on-line via designated banks.
3. Book your seat by choosing a test date, test centre and test module.
4. Fill out the Registration Form. Please double check your name, ID number, Test Report Form mailing address and read the IELTS Candidate Rules and Declaration carefully.
5. Confirm test fee payment. After you finish the on-line payment confirmation, the information will be displayed in the ‘My status’ page and your registration process is completed. You will receive an email to confirm your registration has been successful once you complete the process.
6. Receive an Admission Ticket printing notice by email four days before the test . Please print out that ticket from the 'My Status' page on the on-line registration website as part of your test day entry documents. The Admission Ticket can also be downloaded from the website provided in the printing notice.
For further information, please visit http://ielts.etest.edu.cn or watch the registration demo flash. If you need any help during registration, please contact the NEEA IELTS National Hotline: 010-82345671 (working time: Monday to Friday 8:30-17:30, Saturday: 7:30-13:00).
Click for the registration procedure
2013 IELTS Test Dates in Mainland China
Registration Documents download
Reminders About IELTS Registration:
1. IELTS registration is normally closed 12 working days before the test date. Some tests fill up before this time, so you are advised to register earlier. You can visit NEEA IELTS Registration Website here for registration, test centres, and test dates.
2. Please be reminded that the deadline for registration, transfer and cancellation falls on the same day.
3. The cut-off date for registration, transfer, cancellation and TRF issuance may change in the event of public holidays. The registration cut-off date for each test is available on the web page when you reserve a seat at a selected test centre. Candidates are advised to use to the IELTS TEST DATE SEARCHING TOOL to check the precise on-line score tracking and TRF issuance dates
4. Candidates can book two separate test dates at one time.
5. Chinese nationals from mainland China , Hong Kong and Macao must register for the IELTS test with either a valid and current national ID card, or a valid and current Chinese Passport. Chinese candidates from Taiwan may only register with a valid Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents. Chinese military service personnel can register with a valid military service personnel document. Foreign nationals must register with a valid and current passport. The non-acceptable identity documents include but are not limited to: 1st-generation national ID Card, household book, household certificate, driving license, student ID, work ID, Hong Kong / Macao Travel Permit for Chinese Citizens, Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau Residents, social security card, and any expired ID documents.
6. You can use your ID and Password to log onto the NEEA IELTS Registration Website to revise information in the registration form before the registration cut-off date. If you would like to revise this information after the cut-off date, please contact the IELTS National Post-test Service Hotline at +86 (0)10 65906903 Ext. 1 (Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 17:00),
7. Your NEEA USER ID is a unique user ID. If you forget your NEEA user ID or password, please click "FORGOT YOUR NEEA USER ID OR PASSWORD, PRESS HERE", displayed below the Sign-in Box and fill in the requested information. You will be taken through a security check which, if successful, will send your NEEA User ID and Password to your email address. If you cannot get your ID or password back via the above procedure, please contact the NEEA IELTS National Hotline 010-82345671 for help.
8. IELTS Candidates in mainland China have to pay the registration fee online.All candidates must pre-pay the IELTS test fee to their NEEA user account before being able to reserve an IELTS seat. We suggest candidates pre-pay the test fee to their NEEA user account at least one week before you plan to book an IELTS seat. If you have any problems, please click here to view IELTS online registration payment procedure, or contact the NEEA IELTS national hotline 010-82345671.
9. In the test dates on the NEEA IELTS Registration Website, "A” means that only Academic module is available. “A/G” means that both Academic and General Training modules are available.
10. If you need to obtain reimbursement from sponsoring organisations, NEEA can provide you with a receipt (fapiao). Please email or call the NEEA Call Centre at email@example.com or +86 (0)10 82345671-1-3 (working time) or +86 (0)10 61957800 (24 hours) to request the receipt.
|Transfer and Cancellation|
After you have successfully registered for the IELTS test, you can change your test date and/or test centre before the registration cut-off date by visiting the NEEA IELTS Registration Website. You will be charged an additional transfer fee paid on-line.
You can also cancel your IELTS registration by visiting the NEEA IELTS Registration Website before the registration cut-off date. You will get a partial refund of the test fee paid less a cancellation fee. After you complete the cancellation process, you still need to contact the NEEA call centre (010-82345671) to activate the refund procedure, Otherwise, you will not receive the cancellation refund.
Candidates who do not apply for test transfer or test cancellation and who are absent on the test day will not get a refund.
IELTS Transfer Fee:
IELTS Transfer Fee: RMB 420
IELTS Cancellation Fee:
IELTS Cancellation Fee: RMB 420
For further information, please go toTransfer and Cancellation.
To refund the money to the balance of your designated account, you need to fax a refund request to the NEEA IELTS national call centre at 86-10-82345671 . The refund request form can be downloaded from your “MY STATUS” page. You should then contact the call centre to confirm your refund request, otherwise, you will not receive the cancellation refund. Within four to six weeks of your confirmation with the call centre, the refund will be sent to your bank account or your mailing address. If you have questions, or you have not received your refund, please call the NEEA National Call Centre. Once you have cancelled your registration, you cannot reverse this action. If you want to register for IELTS again, you will have to start from step 2, described above. Immediately after your cancellation, an email notice will be sent to your email address.
If any emergency occurs after the registration cut-off date that prevents you from attending the test, you are advised to inform us immediately. Only under certain special circumstances you might be allowed to cancel your test after the registration cut-off date. For example, if you are seriously ill and apply to cancel your test with us before the written test day and by providing appropriate and sufficient supporting documents within the required deadline. We reserve the right to check the supporting documents and to decide whether to approve the cancellation application or not. Cancellation application will not be accepted after the written test day.
We make every effort to cater for the special needs of candidate with any disability, to enable you to best understand questions and tasks and complete the test. It is our aim for the language level of all candidates, irrespective of disability, to be assessed fairly and objectively.
Candidates who require special arrangements are asked to contact the IELTS National Post-test Service Hotline at +86 (0)10 65906903 Ext. 1 (Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 17:00) at least 3 months before the test date. Relevant supporting materials (medical certificate and/or disability certificate) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or +86 (0)10 65900977 as well.
What sort of help do we offer?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide:
• Enlarged print
• Braille test papers (contracted or uncontracted)
• Braille practice materials
• A Braille word-processor
• An amanuensis to write answers
• Separate invigilation
If you have hearing difficulties, we can arrange:
• A lip-reading version of the Listening module
• Separate invigilation
• Choice of using headset or loudspeaker in supplement to hearing aid
If you have learning difficulties, for example dyslexia, we can arrange
• A word processor
• Voice-activated software
• Extra time for the Reading and Writing tests
• Separate invigilation
Whatever your needs, please contact us to discuss your special needs as soon as possible. It can take up to 3 months for us to put special arrangements in place.
The IELTS test partners [the British Council (operating in China as the Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy/Consulates-General), IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment] will make every effort to ensure that the examination takes place as planned. If examinations are disrupted, cancelled or delayed for any other reason outside of our control, every effort will be made to resume normal services as soon as possible. Liability of the British Council China office (operating in China as the Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy/Consulates-General) will be limited to the refund of the registration fee or re-testing at a later date.
The IETLS test partners [the British Council (operating in China as the Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy/Consulates-General), IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment] take all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service. However, they cannot be held responsible for any indirect or consequential lost caused by circumstances beyond their control.